ESG use case: new collaboration and financial analysis tool
In the context of their digitization efforts and ESG commitment, P&P Promotions selected this next-gen multi-sided platform combining collaboration and financial analysis dedicated to real estate professionals and developed by our partner kodehyve.
During the lifetime of the project, from construction to commercialization all the way to the handover of the keys, kodehyve provides a global software covering a large panel of several collaboration features thanks to powerful modules such as:
- Document Management System (DMS)
- Real estate development project planning
- Financial analysis and budgeting
- Project coordination and monitoring with task list creation and project status
- Collaboration workspace between partners and suppliers
- Commercialisation of projects and properties
- Advanced e-signature for contracts and other documents to be approved
- Anti-Money Laundering (AML)/Know Your Customer (KYC)/Politically Exposed Person (PEP) procedures
- Client Relationship Management (CRM) with collaboration and communication spaces for clients and stakeholders (with live chat or in-app and SMS notifications), as well as document and information exchange workflows
- Post-development communication with clients and partners
Regarding the professional real estate work environment of P&P Promotions, one of the most challenging issue is to replace physical documents by electronic and digital alternatives. This automation of the operating process does not only reduce operational costs and risks, but also contributes to the reduction of the company’s carbon footprint.
Here are some non-exhaustive ESG examples of use cases we have analyzed:
In addition to its existing inventory of paper in 2020, P&P Promotions made 2 orders of paper supply for an amount of 14 174 pages. In terms of transport only, this represents a CO2 emissions of 351,05 kg based on our internal calculation.
In the same year at least 54 892 pages were printed and exchanged between the company, stakeholders and customers. The production from raw material of these A4 sheets required a total of 274 460 liters of water and the felling and processing of 5 trees.
By using the kodehyve technology our target is among others to maximize the reduction of raw materials being used during the production phase of paper.
Social issues include not readily quantifiable metrics to access the impact of paper production on land rights and health of affected local communities.
However, the overall impact is huge, especially if we consider that non-recycled paper comes from 93% of processed felled trees, and thus accentuating deforestation and all other related issues in most damaged countries such as Brazil (- 531 670 km2 (1)) and Indonesia (- 275 350 km2 (1)) over the past 25 years.
A single tool centralizing information and data allows for enhanced collaborative efficiency among partners, suppliers, stakeholders and clients.
Time spent in searching for lost documents by each staff member in a company represents on average 38 hours per year. For P&P Promotions, this translates to a total of 266 lost production hours a year.
Thus, we have chosen to start measuring the benefits and the impact of this digital transformation on our daily external and internal operations.
(1) United Nations Statistics Division (UNSD) Environmental Indicators.
Discover more about kodehyve below.